Orphéon Optimisation et Conseil was founded by Nelson Lafond in 2013.
Lafond graduated from HEC Montréal with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Production and Operations Management in 1994. In 1999, he was also named to the honour roll for his outstanding results during his Masters in Management. He is also an industrial engineering technician (1991 graduate) and certified in Lean Manufacturing Six Sigma, since 2008.
Author of some of the best publications concerning the application of MRP, MRPII, and APS methods in operating rooms and surgical systems, Nelson Lafond has known an exceptional career in the improvement of management and logistics in the best hospitals on the planet. A close collaborator to the greatest directors, managers, surgeons, and anesthesiologists in health centers in more than thirty-two (32) countries around the world, he has worked with Datex-Ohmeda and General Electric Healthcare (USA–Europe–Middle East) in the development of efficient strategies for the improvement of hospital management by applying modern industrial techniques to the health care system – a phenomenal success which has, amongst others, inserted the Toyota Production System technique in operating rooms, emergency rooms, and other critical care units.
In 2008, Nelson Lafond went back to his roots and reoriented his professional interests towards the industrial sector, improved the automation of production systems, the development of management score cards, as well as of dynamic cross referenced data warehouses.
Nelson Lafond has also taught Logistics and Inventory Management in different CEGEPs and has been a guest speaker in many international seminars related to his expertise in management.
- Formaliser les processus informationnels entourant la sécurité du patient dans un établissement de santé; de l’identification des patients à risque à la traçabilité du matériel
Conférence AGS November 2006, by Nelson Lafond
- Le complexe hospitalier de la Sagamie: Les défis de la planification des besoins matières pour gérer les stocks du bloc opératoire
Revue Internationale de Gestion September 2004 Vol. 2, No 1, by Nelson Lafond, Sylvain Landry, Martin Beaulieu
- Simplifier et automatiser l’approvisionnement du bloc opératoire et des salles d’opération; le cas du CH Pierre Legardeur
Congrès de l’AQLASS May 2004, by Nelson Lafond (CHCA), Richard Martin (TRIAX Conseil)
- Gérer plus efficacement les stocks du bloc opératoire à partir de la programmation des interventions chirurgicales
Gestions HospitalièresApril 2001 No 405, by Nelson Lafond, Sylvain Landry
- La planification des besoins matières (MRP) pour gérer les stocks du bloc opératoire: étude exploratoire
Cahier de recherche : HEC et Le Groupe de recherche CHAÎNE April 1999 No 99-04, by Nelson Lafond, Sylvain Landry